Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't be afraid of the Jeggings!

Ok, this years Fall trend once again is the Skinny Jean or Jeggings.
Skinny jeans are just that, skinny. They’re totally in right now, skinny is the silhouette of the moment. Jeggings just take skinny to the next level. Jeggings are simply jeans + leggings. What I love about jeggings is that you get all the comfort of leggings, but none of the casualness that curses leggings. Jeggings may seem like they are just for the young and rail thin, but think again. If you’re not a twig and you often do all sorts of moves to get your jeans up over your thighs, believe it or not jeggings may be for you. Why? Because jegging fabric is much more forgiving than the denim used to make skinny jeans (jeggings have 5 -7% lyrca/spandex compared to 1-3% in skinny jeans). For those of us with butts, hips and thighs – jeggings actually have a higher waist which can help to give a more flattering slimming effect. (Hint: They suck you in in all the right places). Therefore you do NOT feel nor look like a sausage stuffed in its casings.

My FAV jeggings are Mossimo from TARGET. Cheap and affordable and very slimming! I pair them with a blousey top or tank (to hide my muffin top) and I avoid all fitted tops with the jeggins =NO BUENO! If you need warmth a longer cardigan is a PERFECT solution to hide your butt if you are feeling a bit self conscious. I complete the look with a pair of knee high Enzo Angiolini 'Saylem' Riding Boot's that I just got at Nordstrom's. They are sooooo comfy! I wore them all around New York and my feet never hurt. AND NONE OF MY OUTFITS ARE COMPLETE WITHOUT MY STELLA & DOT Jewelry (see below!)

Another great pair of my favorite jeggings are from Nordstrom's. I just bought them and they were surprisingly affordable. They are Hue 'Classic Jean' Leggings and only $38. I got them in black and denim. These are a bit thinner and more like leggings, so I pair them with LONG tunic shirts or tanks with LONG, below the butt cardigans. I wore them with sandals in NYC but plan on wearing them with boots and heels as well along with my FAB jewelry!
JEGGINGS!

Bobeau elbow sleeve cardigan
$30 - nordstrom.com

Cardigan
$118 - anthropologie.com

Old Navy floral top
$27 - oldnavy.gap.com

Hue 'Classic Jean' Leggings
$38 - nordstrom.com

Enzo angiolini shoes
$150 - select2gether.com

Stella & Dot
stelladot.com

Stella & Dot
stelladot.com

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! Your outfit set is so cute and the real life pictures I saw on FB of you wearing it looked awesome! I didn't know the difference in content of skinny jeans vs leggings...super interesting! =) I am a fan of the jeggings at American Eagle too...they are super cute and affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS JENNI! I AM HAVING FUN WITH THIS! STILL NEEDS A LOT OF WORK THOUGH!

    ReplyDelete