Monday, September 12, 2011

Fashion for REAL SIZED WOMEN

I've been a "big girl" my whole adult life.  I have struggled with my weight and body image for 14 years now.  I use to have a SMOKING hot body!  I am tall, 5'10" and in high school my measurements were 36, 26, 36.  I have always been an athlete.  But as I got older and had 2 kids, birth weight totaling 21 lbs, the weight decided to stay on.  
I run, on average, 7 miles per week, spin for an hour a week and do yoga and weight lifting in between.  I'm active, but the extra weight I have is as stubborn as I am.  The Doctor says I am "fit" yet overweight and that's just how my body wants to be.  So I deal with it.  I still work hard to be fit and eat well and just DEAL with the fact that I am a "big girl" (I hate that term btw!).  I will never be a size 4.  
All that being said a lot of fashion trends do NOT look good on curvy girls or anyone over a size 6.  So, I wanted to start a blog about what on trend fashion's looks good on REAL women.  We all know that the AVERAGE American woman is a size 14.  Most fashion forward boutiques and department stores don't carry anything larger than a size 10.  Even as Americans get larger, designers and retailers cling to the idea that style comes in one size: small.  They base the trends accordingly.  Items that look FAB on petite girls, look HIDEOUS on curvy ladies..  So, I am going to write about what works for me.  
I have always been obsessed with fashion; clothing, shoes, jewelry are my passion and shopping is my hobby.  My goal of writing this blog is to encourage and empower ladies like me that have womanly curves and a little extra "junk in our trunk" to look their best and feel confident! SO all you big titty, big booty, curvy ladies, this one is for you!  Stay Tuned...

4 comments:

  1. YAY! How fun! Did you totally start this on your flight out to NYC today??

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY JENNI! YOUR BLOG INSPIRED ME! I LOVE YOUR FASHION style and feel we have similar tastes, but things that look amazing on you, I have also tried on at Anthro and it looks awful on me!
    Yes, I am on the flight to NYC, gotta love wi-fi! Watching a Kardashian marathon, wrote my vows and am now working on the blog (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, this is a great idea! You always look fabulous and very fashionable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read more!!! Wish I had the nerve to do this also...maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete