Sunday, April 29, 2012

COLORED DENIM!!!! Are you bold enough to try?


Hello!  Happy Sunday!  This weather is GORGEOUS and I am finally feeling strong enough to enjoy it!
 I wanted to share with you my new find~COLORED denim.  I broke out of my shell and away from dark rinse denim (for now).  I am LOVING all the bright colors that are on-trend this season with FUCHSIA being one of my favorites!  GAP has a VERY comfortable, lightweight and flattering skinny bootcut jean that hugs my curves in all the right places.  It has a bit of spandex in them as well so they give.  I am LOVING them!  You MUST try them on!
I also scored the CUTEST polka got blouses at Nordstrom for $34!  I had to get the white/black combo (shown below) but, I also got the black/white combo that I paired with the fuchsia jeans last night for date night with the Mr.  Now is the PERFECT time to play with color combo's.  What are some of your favorites?

Here's my date outfit (shopping in Walnut Creek then wine at Va De Vi =HEAVEN!)



Polka dot fun

Add caption


Pleione polka dot blouse
$34 - nordstrom.com

ALDO leather sandals
$60 - nordstrom.com

Miu miu handbag
$1,195 - bergdorfgoodman.com

Stella Dot leather jewelry
$39 - stelladot.com

Stone jewelry
$18 - anthropologie.com

Necklace
reviews.anthropologie.com

Essie nailpolish
£9.95 - debenhams.com

Vogue 1950's Glamour Glasses VO2677S
$70 - sunglasshut.com

5 comments:

  1. So super cute!!! Love this look and the necklace is gonna finish it off perfectly! That polka dot top is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I have been going kinda crazy with the shopping! Have a bg order from Anthro coming in any day (= I can NOT WAIT to get that necklace! See ya Wed!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jamie, Happy Friday!
    Love the outfit you're wearing above! I hope the colored denim trend is here to stay... I was going through a phase in the last few months where I was so bored with plain jeans. Now that we have colored denim it's so easy to pair them with neutral/printed/colorful tops and make a fun/happy outfit. I'm excited that tomorrow I am meeting one of my besties for shopping in downtown SF. Woo hoo! Gap flagship & Anthro here i come;-) Hope you have a super weekend!
    -Lori K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post! We just did a post about it on our tumblr. Check it out and feel free to tweet about the post @mydoppelhanger
    http://doppelhanger.tumblr.com/post/45632118983/20-ways-to-wear-colored-patterned-skinny-jeans

    We are Doppelhanger, a new blog focused on promoting a better beauty ideal through interviews with real women about their personal style philosophy and style tips. We're matchmakers: connecting the fashion savvy with women who look just like them, because really, the best personal stylist/ style advisor is one that can try on the outfits and model them for you.


    Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

    Monica


    --
    Doppelhanger
    Twitter: @mydoppelhanger
    Blog: http://doppelhanger.tumblr.com
    Pinteresting: http://pinterest.com/doppelhanger/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MONICA- I was so surprised and happy to see your comment here! As you can see, I have put my tiny little blog on the back burner, but you have lit a fuse again! I was thrilled to see you included me in your colored denim spot! Thanks so much!
      -Jamie

      Delete